Sunday, May 10, 2009

Welcome to Gathering Fragments

What's this about?
Here on "Gathering Fragments" my aim is to draw on my own reflections and the wisdom of others to invite conversation.  The title is suggested by the story of Jesus feeding the multitude, then instructing his disciples to gather up all the fragments left so none may be lost; there were basketsful!

All around I see people of wisdom, creativity and courage living extraordinary lives.  Too often churches and religious groups - and society itself - tosses them aside or pretends they don't exist.  My purpose is to cultivate creativity and courageous living wherever I find them.

Where I find the "fragments":
I'm a United Methodist minister in Lincoln, Nebraska, serving in the community on behalf of a large downtown church.  Along with general responsibilities, my ministry leads me into various communities of LGBT friends, theatre, community radio and coffee houses.  So my posts will include thoughts from within the church and about the church (I'll try to limit specific internal politics), reflections on what I'm learning outside the church, and how readers can be part of the action.  I'll also include links to blogs of friends, ideas and events of interest.

Welcome to the conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment